Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Boolean and .step file

taylor_mason823taylor_mason823 Member Posts: 2

Thank you and I apologize ahead of time but I am very new to onshape

I have 2 issues i am running into
First is in regards to exporting as a .step file. When I export in its current state it only moves over one of the two parts. My solution was trying to boolean the 2 parts into one, This is where my second issues occurs and they will not boolean which makes me think something is wrong with the second part. the error code i get is "can not use a mix of solids and surfaces"

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you
I have add a copy of the url to the part

Comments

• David_YL_NguyenDavid_YL_Nguyen Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 82
    Hey @taylor_mason823,

Seems like you resolved your issue as I can see you manage to boolean the two parts, I think it didn't work before because the parts were not intersecting.

For the step export, try selecting both parts in the part list and then exporting them. Cheers