Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

More integrated manufacturing apps - is this needed?

Hello everyone,

My name is Yonatan, and I serve as the CTO of Jiga. If you're unfamiliar with our company, we provide a platform for Mechanical Engineers to source any parts listed in your BOM, without sacrificing direct communication with the manufacturing supplier. Our network includes a broad range of vetted suppliers specializing in both custom (CNC, SM, 3DP...) and standard parts, as well as electronics. This ensures your entire BOM is covered and the process is streamlined.

Now, after that brief introduction, I'd like to pose a question: Our team is currently debating the potential usefulness of an Onshape app. Would Onshape users find it beneficial to receive quick quotes, locate suppliers, and divide their BOM among various relevant suppliers?

To elaborate: 

Do you find the task of exporting parts/BOM from Onshape into emails or ERP systems for supplier sourcing to be cumbersome? 

Do you encounter difficulties when trying to find suppliers for all the parts listed in your BOM? 

Do you often need to obtain quotes for parts while engaged in design work?

Would you be interested in learning more about the app once it's developed? You can add you email to the waitlist

Thanks much in advance!