Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Why does there appear a gap between the spokes and the ring and how can I fix that?

In 3D_Druck_Folder > Part Studio 6 Copy 1 Copy 1 the whole wheel is constructed as one single Part. This is how it has to look like at the end.
I need to seperate this wheel into two parts, like I did in Assembly 8, and then I have to combine them. But now since I did that, there appears a gap between the spokes and the ring, which is not supposed to be there.

Answers

• Options
    robert_scott_jr_robert_scott_jr_ Member Posts: 320 ✭✭✭
    Hello Johannes. A section view in the assembly displays hashed orange areas where the parts meet. They are not gaps but areas where the spokes extend into the rim. The two parts cannot be combined (booleaned) in an assembly. However, they can be fastened together with a mate. - Scotty