Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

New User from Fusion 360 -- Onshape Seems Very Slow

henry_camachohenry_camacho Member Posts: 4
Just watched "Stuff Made Here" which asks us to take a look at OnShape.

I am a Novice user of Fusion 360, and while using that tool I don't feel like its slow when sketching.

However just trying OS, it seems very slow when sketching a few lines, and a curve. Is this normal, or is there something I need to do fix this issue.

I am running Microsoft Edge, on Mac OSX 13.2.1, w/ 32G Ram.

Comments

• Options
    bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try it on chrome or firefox
    Bryan Lagrange
    Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

• Options
    nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 666 PRO
    You should be speedy on a Mac. I use two for my dayjob. I've found Chrome and Edge work the best for me. Safari is garbage (even though its my normal daily browser). And Firefox has glitches once in a while that show up in large designs.

But all the browsers work great (even safari), for simple designs. I wonder if something is going on on your end. Could you try another browser or computer to double check?
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,361 PRO
    Browsers and/or browser settings definitely can make a difference.

Try https://cad.onshape.com/check and follow the Graphics Performance Recommendations if you see anything amiss.

That said, I do notice occasional random slow downs in sketcher. Sometimes it's just a phase of the moon kind of issue (possibly internet and/or server issues?) which goes away completely another time. However, if you sketch on top of a complex face, and there are a lot of things that it might potentially align to, that can really slow things down. See this tech tip for info on "disable imprinting".