Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

suggestion: Move sketch dialog outside grafic area

marius_lauritsenmarius_lauritsen Member Posts: 2
I find it annoying that the skech dialog is inside the grafic area, and have countless times closed the sketch by accident and annoys when working in the area. Onshape must know it since its often highlighted in the learing studys, and even a 10 sec restore function. From other CAD programs the option is located on the top bar to the far rigth or so, making it clear action to accecpt the sketch and close. I dont even know why the cancle sketch is even needed, other programs will always keep the sketch when you close it and you simply delete it in the model tree if you dont want it.

My experince is mainly from Inventor

Comments

• david_sutton827david_sutton827 Member Posts: 2
    I agree, I think that the option to dock this menu as well would be nice. But it is always just getting in the way I find.