Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Copying features

price_cobbprice_cobb Member Posts: 26
Part of my designs are just to help me learn OnShape as I go. Don't imagine I'll ever do anything very complex but all of it is complex enough so far but enjoy the challenges this provides me. 

Question: In my doodling I've decided to mount an extra very simple rectangular Temp-Humidity Gauge into a frame to hang. The gauge has these cute little moving "detent" ears to engage in a mount to keep it there. I'm sure my way of creating the trough for these moving ears in the mount was overly complicated (not sure how else to do it at the moment but still managed) but my question is this:  Can I now take that trough and copy it to the other side of the mount saving me some time?  

It is call Humidity Holder and found here.   I've shared the project with the staff too.  
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/4acf63a3d4f044705d2cafc8/w/4d8b9b9c6cce9071bcd31e98/e/a31d417ccfd148c6d346f2e6

Not sure how I managed to orient the thing backwards but if you turn the mount over and upright so the words are easily read, the trough is on the left side of the opening. One of the "short" sides.  I'd like place another of these on the right side of the holder too and can do so, but is there a way to copy what I've already done? Or even is there a simpler way to make the trough?

This are the times when ignorance is painful. 
Many thanks in advance.
Price

Comments