Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

BOM Item Suppression

Dean_GardnerDean_Gardner Member Posts: 88 PRO
In my drawing i want to suppress an item, but i don't want to suppress the item in the assembly.  The reason is the item is just a skeleton to setup some geometry, so if i suppress it everything moves.  I just want to suppress the item in the BOM as i have hidden it in the drawing.  Is this possible?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Dean_GardnerDean_Gardner Member Posts: 88 PRO
    Answered my own question! 

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,388 PRO
    Keep in mind that “Exclude from BOM” excludes the part from every BOM. This is one of the least logical/useful decisions by Onshape’s developers.
  • Options
    nick_papageorge073nick_papageorge073 Member, csevp Posts: 676 PRO
    edited June 2023
    You can exclude an item from only a single BOM by excluding it in said BOM's assy table (the 3D assy table). Excluding it from the part/assy properties excludes it company wide.

*Edit: I was wrong about this. Excluding from either the assy bom table, or the individual item properties, excludes it company wide.