Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to make a sketch "follow" a curved face or how to make a face follow a curve?

Apologize as I'm not even sure how to ask what I'm looking for

I'm trying to make a sponge holder that snaps on to my faucet, the snap part is all good, but I'm having a hard time creating a holder with a more organic and curvy shape

I've started out choosing the curve I want the holder to be at and extruded that, resulting in a pretty flat shape. My idea was to use the "Cutout attempt" sketch to shape the holder looking from the "Left" plane if that makes sense but I have no idea how to

Document here: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/8af891fa9848a262bc2e51ee/w/32df183faa12d1e952daccc7/e/722ae1b0523024eb57788d21

Answers

• Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,717 PRO

Hi @gabriel_canto333,

There are a few different ways to get organic shapes. If it is extruded along a curve, use the Sweep feature. If you need a more organic shape, you will need to use Loft, Fill, or Boundary surface.

Does this resemble what you are trying to achieve:? If not, please provide a napkin sketch or reference pic and we can get you pointed in the right direction.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎