Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

I resort to the dimension tool to make 2 intersecting lines meet ... is this bad practice?

To draw two intersecting lines and make the ends meet at the same point, I draw one long line first, then I draw a short line. I use the dimension tool and select the point at the end of the short line, then I select the length of the long line, and set the distance to 0. I then select the point of the long end that still sticks out, and I select the point at the intersection and set that to 0.

This always leaves a weird 0-dimension in the sketch. It looks weird, but is this normal/best practice, or is this not the best way to do it?

Answers

• Options
    _anton_anton Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 279
    Use the Coincident constraint (shortcut is 'i'). Works with a line and a point, or with two points.