Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

I'm trying to make a complex curved engine cowl, what tool should I use?

alpal_colealpal_cole Member Posts: 2

Good day,

I'm trying to create an engine cowl with somewhat complex curves for an R/C model.  Here is the base extruded where I want it to be solid on the bottom. The oval and circle extrusions are where I want the cowl to end and the sketch lines are the approximate profile I would like the general shape to be.  Is there an easy way to accomplish this task?

Answers

• Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,724 PRO
    edited June 2023

@alpal_cole, this is definitely possible, however it will require Loft, Boolean, and perhaps Shell or Thicken depending on the approach you take. Other approaches could involve Fill or Boundary surface.

Loft is a more advanced tool especially with the blended shape you are going for, but we will help you through it. Please share a link to your document so that we can help you with your exact needs.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎