Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Some annoying issues with the app

roger_m_kolaksroger_m_kolaks Member Posts: 16
There are a few interface issues that are a bit annoying:

Accept and Cancel buttons on functions are too close together.  It is too easy to click on Cancel when Accept is intended and vice versa.  As a User my attention is upon the elements of the design.  An application that interposes itself between the User and the User's goal interferes with smooth work flow.

There is a lack of consistency between functions. Sometimes entries into multiple input fields pre-select the second field (it's colored light blue) other times the field is not selected (its colored light red).  This can result in frequent entry errors.  Intersection Curve, which _requires_ entries into two fields, for instance, does not present the second field automatically when the function is chosen with an entity selected.  Likewise, in some menus Appearance is high on the list of options while Appearance is low in other menus.  These inconsistencies result in interruptions of work flow.

Named Views are not accessible when applying a function.  Though other views are accessible choosing Named Views exits the function.  When the Named Views pane is open some selections are not permitted.  Named Views require two selections to access:  one click to bring up the Named Views pane; a second click to choose the desired view.  Named Views would be more convenient if they were integrated into the view drop down menu.

Renumbering entities while selecting targets for an operation is both confusing and annoying.  If I am adding Items 1 through 4 to a selection changing the sidebar label of item 2 to a 1 confuses that item with the item labeled 1 in the function selection field.  Which sidebar item do I select next?  I have an item 1 in the selection field.  What is that item 1 in the sidebar.

The frequent renumbering of entities in itself is a hinderance.  Entity numbers as useful labels but become much less useful when they do not consistently reference the same object.  There is no good reason to frequently relabel entities.