Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Unable to assign P/N to standard content

POCPOC Member Posts: 25 PRO
Hi
Can anyone shed some light on this please - the Part number field is disabled / restricted in the standard content metadata- I have been able to add p/n data here in the past... what am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Options
    mfalkensteinermfalkensteiner Member, Onshape Employees, csevp Posts: 66
    Hi, is this an Enterprise plan?
    Under Enterprise Settings > Global Permissions there is a Permission called "Manage standard content metadata". You need to be added in order to change properties of metadata.
    Principal Technical Services Engineer, EMEAI
  • Options
    POCPOC Member Posts: 25 PRO
    Hi, is this an Enterprise plan?
    Under Enterprise Settings > Global Permissions there is a Permission called "Manage standard content metadata". You need to be added in order to change properties of metadata.
    Hi, 
    No mine is a standard plan.

• Options
    JollyJolly Member Posts: 81 PRO
    We also have this issue in our Professional plan use of Onshape. I'm the Admin and another coworker is the "member". He is no longer able to change metadata on standard content and I'm the one that has to. This doesn't seem right and I'd call this a bug. I will submit a ticket as well.
  • Options
    Lucas_KuhnsLucas_Kuhns Member, csevp Posts: 89 PRO
    I ran into this issue too recently. Pro account for us. I'm an admin and can change it but one of the member users can't. I sort of like it but would rather have the ability members to change it but warn or prevent duplicate part numbers.

It happened after the June 12 release and is discussed briefly at the end of page one of the release notes.
  • Options
    mfalkensteinermfalkensteiner Member, Onshape Employees, csevp Posts: 66
    edited July 2023
    I have been discussing this internally. This functionality was removed on one of the recent updates for STANDARD users and PRO Members.
    We are working to get it back in place as soon as possible.
    Apologies for the inconveniences this might be causing you.
    Principal Technical Services Engineer, EMEAI