Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Does anyone have examples of the "Join adjacent surfaces" working when importing a file?

Rhett_RobinsonRhett_Robinson Member Posts: 95 PRO
With the improvement a few weeks ago of joining adjacent surfaces on import, I have been curious what the differences between a file imported with and without this checked has resulted in. I have been unable to find a difference in the imports I have tried. Any pictures would be really helpful!

Answers

• Options
    xTimRicexTimRice Member Posts: 59 PRO
    I found it to be helpful when working with bad or low quality imports that have the faces separated. In that case it joins the faces together very nicely. For most cases, where the imported body is already “air tight”, you wouldn’t notice any difference. 
    Handcrafted furniture in Boston
    https://thesmoothcut.com/