Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Re-use / copy a sketch + retain constraints

POCPOC Member Posts: 25 PRO
Hi,
I have random hole patterns that need to be countersunk on both faces of the part,. is there a way to use a single sketch for both sets of holes?  

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,411 PRO
    Maybe create a single hole (with the countersinks) as a feature, then pattern that with a few regular patterns, and then delete the holes you don’t want with delete face?

Alternately, you could make through holes with that sketch and then add countersinks with the selection fillet custom feature (which also can make chamfers).

I'm sure there are several other options that I’m not thinking of.
  • Options
    Thanks for the response S1mon 
    What you've suggested will work & if I'm 3D printing the parts I use similar technique (normally boolean subtract) but I like to use the automated hole callout table on my cnc'd parts so the drawings are correct. AFAIK what I've asked for in my initial mail isn't possible.
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,411 PRO
    You can also use the Fill Pattern custom feature, but I don't know a way to get the a countersink on the second end of the hole feature other than adding a chamfer.

Here's a simple example: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/86cd2d6cc3e920442c7ae169/v/4fae4df79c1cd62d05e0895f/e/eaf176b233dde51a7a91e53b

• Options
    Thank you - I didn't know about that technique.. I'll evaluate it further - Thanks again.