Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Merging sketches

Hello everyone!
   I'm trying to model an engine block. I have two sketches which I have derived from separate blueprint drawings. I created them in different Parts Studios. Now I would like to know if there is a best practice for getting the sketches in to a single part studio. I see the copy function of the sketches, however I don't know how to paste.

Here is a screen capture of what I have so far:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Rd9zUi5v65Z25zZ1FGdW43MW8/view?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance!
-James

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    @ james_wiger23610  , another method is by using "Derived" option. In this method you can insert the sketch from other part studios of same document.

After inserting the sketch will be positioned as per previous part studio orientation.

• Options
    nofa_alghizawinofa_alghizawi Member Posts: 1
    On the bottom left-hand corner click on where it says "parts", then select the parts that you want to merge, and then click "Boolean".  and that should help.