Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Deleting part studio/assembly/drawing can have unpredictable navigation problems

Michael_UrsuliakMichael_Ursuliak Member Posts: 14
I often like to sort my onshape tabs into folders for ease of navigation.

I might have something as follows:

Main(assembly),
Parts->
    SheetMetal,
    BackPanel ,
    Frame->
        Base
        Lifting Hook

But if i decide that i want to delete some tabs for example Lifting Hook and Base;
If i am in those tabs when i delete them, my nav bar gets tossed to a seemingly random file that isn't always even in the same folder.
I then have to navigate all the way back to the folder to delete the next file, and get tossed again.

It would be nice if i could just stay in the folder that i am working in.

Comments

• Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,530 PRO
    Use the tab manager when working on documents with more than a few tabs! Much easier to keep track of where you are in the document structure (and you can select multiple tabs to delete at once).