Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

In an OnShape Drawing, is it possible to hide all Construction lines that are present in a Sketch

john_smith077john_smith077 Member Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
Hello

Is it possible to hide all construction lines when have made a Drawing from a Sketch?

Background
I am using a Sketch that I have created in OnShape to create a DXF file (for use in the free magnetic modelling software 'FEMM').  My problem is that I need to use Construction lines in order to create the Sketch. But I don't want those lines to appear in the DXF file.

Thanks

J  

Comments

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,389 PRO
    I don’t know of a simple solution, but you can always create a second sketch which uses edges from a previous sketch - leaving out the construction lines, of course.
  • Options
    sebastian_glanznersebastian_glanzner Member, Developers Posts: 401 PRO
    @john_smith077
    You can set the color of the construction lines to white.

But Onshape doesn't allow it to set it to a pure white, because this would not be visible on white paper.
    So just set it to almost white:

• Options
    alec_stewart245alec_stewart245 Member Posts: 4 EDU
    S1mon said:
    I don’t know of a simple solution, but you can always create a second sketch which uses edges from a previous sketch - leaving out the construction lines, of course.
    How can I do that? [I tried copying and pasting a sketch but I couldn't see any way to anchor the pasted sketch so that all the lines go black. Apologies for newbie question!] 

Changing colour won't help me because I importing the line data in the .DXF file into another application.

J
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,389 PRO
    “Use edge” with the entities you want to see.