Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to recover from error?

lars_anderssonlars_andersson Member Posts: 20
I tried to make a lot of holes on a rectangular array. This displayed at the top of the window

Onshape encountered a problem with your last operation. If the problem persists, please contact support. Support code 6321f36d7e2c498eafae7f9f.

I get different error codes all the time in part "Lotsa holes".
How do I recover?

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/c90604e98a644367954e2dcb/w/e803d1da78c441d69fe8f9f6/e/ffc251fc7dcb4d8f8cf6de3d

Comments

• viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    @lars_andersson , This may be happened due to your last feature or operation. You can solve this issue by two method.
    1) Delete your last operation/ feature (Hole 1)and perform again with less diameter value and select point which is on the part.
    2) Restore one step prior to last operation from document history.
     If above workaround will not solve your issue then it might be document performance issue. You have to contact with Onshape support team they will definitely solve your issue.
    In your case sketch 10 hole point is going outside part as shown in below image. After that you perform hole operation by selecting all point and given larger diameter value which is reason for failure message.

• lars_anderssonlars_andersson Member Posts: 20
    It most certainly happened at the last operation. My problem is that all features are greyed out. Even the undo arrow is greyed.

I can reproduce the situation in a new parts studio.

Is there a limit to how many holes you can have in an array of holes?
  • ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,173
    We're aware of this bug and are working to fix it.  What's going on is you're running up against some internal limits and the system is not handling it gracefully (we're working on both problems).  My suggestion for the time being for this part is to avoid using the hole feature for large numbers of identical holes -- use the linear pattern (face pattern) feature instead.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    @lars_andersson ,There is no limit to number of holes in array. Error message you received because you given large hole diameter in hole feature which is intersecting to each other. Try to give less diameter value then that error will not happen. you can solve your issue in previous part studio also by below method as shown in video.

Try to avoid sketch pattern if no. of holes is more in that case you can use face pattern.

How do I undo / rollback the faulty  operation so I get to rectifying the error?
    In my browser I am stuck at the error. Everything is gray.
  • jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    How do I undo / rollback the faulty  operation so I get to rectifying the error?
    In my browser I am stuck at the error. Everything is gray.
    If you click the gear on the documents page, there is an option for "History".  From here you can select before the operation and 'Restore' to before that point.

1.png 112.4K
    2.png 67.4K
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
    Thanks,
    that was the feature I was looking for.
     I expected it to be somewhere in the parts studio or tab bar so I looked in the wrong place!
  • jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    Thanks,
    that was the feature I was looking for.
     I expected it to be somewhere in the parts studio or tab bar so I looked in the wrong place!
    In a document, you can get to it as well by clicking the clock icon in the top.  Although if the document isn't connecting then it must be done through the documents page.

Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com