Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Is there a way to Change Assy Configurations for Pattern Instances?

dennis_20dennis_20 Member Posts: 87 EDU
I want to make a pattern of an assembly that has multiple configurations and want those instances to show different configurations of that assembly.  For example, I want to show a 2x3 linear pattern of a recliner and occupant where the recliner is shown upright in one row and reclined in the other and the occupants are small, medium, and large in each of those rows.  I cannot find how to do this in OS and the research that I have found so far indicates OS cannot do this.  This is a no-brainer in SWX so I assumed it was available in OS.  In SWX I'd make a new top level assy and insert the subassy of the chair and occupant assembly, make the 2x3 pattern, and then select the configuration of each instance in that pattern.
Am I missing something and there really is a way to do this in OS?