Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Preprocessing (STEP format only)

M_BÖHMEM_BÖHME Member Posts: 8
Hi

Can anyone explain what the different options in Preprocessing do when you export to step?

Answers

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,412 PRO
    I don't know, since there's not much info in the help or anywhere else that I can find, but my guess is that the default (which seems to be "none") is good enough for most cases. In general, with CAD translation, it's important to do some tests between systems with parts/assemblies that are representative of the size and complexity of your project. Waiting until the last minute to export and transfer a file is a recipe for disaster. 

Except in the cases where it's using the same kernel (e.g. Parasolid), there can always be some issues.