Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Entering a sum for a dimension value

leecaseyleecasey Member Posts: 34 PRO
When you enter a dimension value you have the option of entering a sum. Usually for me, this is when I'm modifying something. I enter the sum to save time, not to record the sum. So if I wanted to modify something for the second time, I'm not interested in seeing the original sum. Is there a way to change this? 

Comments

• Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,559 PRO
    If you want to modify it but aren't interested in the original content, wouldn't you just type something new in there over-writing everything? I don't really see how it matters what's in the box in that case (original expression or just a single value)?

I personally really like that it keeps the original expression so that you can tell how you got the value when you go back and edit things later.