Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Sketch is not letting me select lines for a solid extrude in a teaching Doc

CobraDesign47CobraDesign47 Member Posts: 5 EDU
Hello, I am doing the Multi-Part Part Studios portion of the Onshape Fundamentals: CAD course. I am on step 10. I used the document linked in the course as the sketch Profile, but when I go to select the Profiles for a solid Extrude, the lines aren't turning orange and being selectable. Instead of being solid lines, they're dashed. When I'm not in an extrude feature, they are selectable! If I select them then go into an Extrude feature, the Extrude turns into a Surface Extrude. I don't know what to do, and I would really like to finish the course! If you guys would please help me that would be great! Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response. 

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/a845667f142fb0d734bc27af/w/6b726707832d44fb31607045/e/7829166c766b25fe2ac1f62b?renderMode=0&uiState=64d8d1effec8432ab460368

Comments

• Options
    GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 386 PRO
    It looks like you have both the previous sketches visible - Large Arm Grip Sketch and Small Arm Grip Sketch. These may be obscuring the view of the circles you are trying to select. Try hiding these sketches and have another go.
  • Options
    CobraDesign47CobraDesign47 Member Posts: 5 EDU
    Thank you GWS50! That helped. I played around with hiding sketches and it solved the problem. Thanks!