Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Retrieve documenthistory with API

Hi, I would like to retrieve the entire documenthistory (all microversions) from a given document.
Currently, I'm using the documents/documenthistory endpoint (https://cad.onshape.com/glassworks/explorer/#/Document/getDocumentHistory), but it seems only to return a fixed number of microversions from the history. To retrieve the entire history, I'm looping this API call until I got everything. But this makes for a lot of calls and I don't want to overload the servers.
Is there a parameter to increase the number of microversions or to retrieve the entire history?

Best Answer

• Options
    Alex_KempenAlex_Kempen Member Posts: 244 EDU
    Answer ✓
    There doesn't appear to be a way to increase the amount of micro versions returned by the documenthistory endpoint. What are you trying to do?
    CS Student at UT Dallas
    Alex.Kempen@utdallas.edu
    Check out my FeatureScripts here:

Answers

• Options
    Alex_KempenAlex_Kempen Member Posts: 244 EDU
    Answer ✓
    There doesn't appear to be a way to increase the amount of micro versions returned by the documenthistory endpoint. What are you trying to do?
    CS Student at UT Dallas
    Alex.Kempen@utdallas.edu
    Check out my FeatureScripts here:

• Options
    felix_hahnleinfelix_hahnlein Member Posts: 4 EDU
    Sorry for the late reply. I was just trying to do that, looking at the entire microversion history. Thanks