Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

variable studio improvements

david_lang457david_lang457 Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
Is there a way to import into a variable studio (from a csv or similar)?

It would also be nice if it was possible to create a table. I'm doing work where I am using different steppers and while I can create variables like:
NEMA11_width
NEMA11_bolt_spacing
NEMA11_nose_dia
NEMA11_bolt_dia
and then similar for NEMA14, 17, 23, 34, 42 it would be much nicer if I could reference a table
something like #stepper(17,width)
and even better if I could make a configuration table directly from the variable studio table
being able to reference a configuration table in a variable studio could be useful, but I'm thinking that it may end up being similar to an assembly where different parts in the assembly may have different config values

Comments

• Options
    Also, this should be able to be recursive (and ideally not limited to two dimension), so you could do
    #bolt(#stepper(11,bolt_dia), socket cap, head_height) to lookup the head height for a socket cap bolt of the size required for a nema11 stepper
  • Options
    since you have libraries of standard parts that you can pull into assemblies, a lot of the data I am needing is probably there somewhere, but I don't have any way to access it that I know of.