Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

separating part of sketch / extrude to make a separate part

dillon_rathdillon_rath Member Posts: 2
I am trying to create a separate part for the mouth in the part in the image but i cannot figure out how I can make it do that.... it is all part of the same sketch

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/584c274921bb33314d0c559c/w/a13a17af8cbb99bf5ecf3e19/e/5ad90a86f0e25fea3a0f328d?renderMode=0&uiState=6518575a90ffb17b64fe3510

Comments

• Options
    robert_scott_jr_robert_scott_jr_ Member Posts: 324 ✭✭✭
    Hello Dillon. While in the sketch use box selection. Hold down the left mouse button and move the mouse across the area you want to select. Moving left to right selects the entities within the selection rectangle. Moving right to left selects all entities within the rectangle and any touching the rectangle. Release the mouse button to end the selection. You can repeat to pick up other entities. If there are some stranglers you can select them individually by left mouse button clicking on them. Use the same method to delete any you don't want included. When satisfied, click the right mouse button to bring up the menu and select copy sketch entities. From there you can paste the entities into the current sketch and use the triad's square to move the entities and left button click to confirm the paste. You can also create another sketch and do the same. Play around with the methods above. You'll get the hang of it. - Scotty
  • Options
    glen_dewsburyglen_dewsbury Member Posts: 594 ✭✭✭
    Your extrude 3 is set to surface instead of solid. For a surface all the surrounding edges would need to be selected.
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/3f9346faa1d3c8b7fd8743f1/w/18d886363c5a2f854d2d0cb1/e/a602ce2e2c6c2d53f3512b18