Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Using Boolean to union parts is not working

josh_mccullough080josh_mccullough080 Member Posts: 21
Document: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/8a96b7586b7d184eb900a413/w/0a9e7d617806bd2bef2c4ee3/e/60d1dccc1a9f2d16215e7168?renderMode=0&uiState=651dae4c270c522a28d7db62

I'm trying to union parts 2-4 into a single part because I want to them create 3 copies of that part and rotate each 90 from the previous (so there's a copy on each edge of the center square).

When I create the Boolean, the parts are not combined. Is this because they do not actually touch each other? The end goal here is that I will have a single STL exported for 3D printing. So the separate "parts" are not really ... separate parts. But I wasn't sure how else to copy/rotate parts 2-4 if I had them all be added to part 1 instead.

Thanks!

Comments