Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Screw limitation?

ricardo_raimondoricardo_raimondo Member Posts: 32
I am trying to design an M3 screw 30mm long with 0.5 thread. I am defining the Helix for turns and pitch, but as soon as I set 50 turns or more, (which is less than the length of the cylinder extrusion), the Sweep goes on red, and the thread is not built. I think I should be doing something wrong but I am not able to figure that out. Can someone help me, please?
Here is the link to the public document for better information: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/a5b71c8c124123c077c02d6a/w/8e750aa0d8949bfe04b9b0ec/e/305f86eee1ba523bd5784c3a

Comments

• Options
    robert_scott_jr_robert_scott_jr_ Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    Hello Ricardo. Perhaps I'm missing something. I tried iterations of 30 and 70 for the number of revolutions. The feature accepted both. - Scotty
  • Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,375 PRO
    I’ve run into similar issues with sweeps along helixes in Parasolid before. Seems like you have it working now. Did you, by chance, scale the helix along its long axis?