Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Dashed yellow border around some variables within the variable table?

Stormi_BackusStormi_Backus Member Posts: 49
Hi All, 

I've got a mill chain sprocket configuration that is dependent on multiple variables, link below. I was inspecting my variable table just now and noticed that several variables are outlined in a dashed yellow border - I've only made two configurators so far but the exact same variables in both files appear this way.

I'm not having any problems with the model (that I am aware of), but wondering if anyone knows what the border is supposed to indicate. I did some research and found that dashed yellow lines indicate inferencing in sketches, but it seems weird that this feature would translate to my manually defined variable table. 

Any ideas? This is solely to satisfy my curiosity so no harm if not. 

Thanks! 

Stormi 

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/a4d1c9f3b7a0d44474d08e3a/w/bc8c3641dcb96ce97747b8c3/e/8a0dddffcd07b4ebc045940a

Best Answer

• Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,516 PRO
    Answer ✓
    The yellow border means the values are set in a configuration table. This applies across anything that is "configured" (i.e. not just variables but dimensions on sketches, selection areas in features, etc...)

Answers

• Options
    Stormi_BackusStormi_Backus Member Posts: 49

Here's a screenshot of the situation as well
  • Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,516 PRO
    Answer ✓
    The yellow border means the values are set in a configuration table. This applies across anything that is "configured" (i.e. not just variables but dimensions on sketches, selection areas in features, etc...)