Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Measurement variables on in variable tables (please hear me out)

jules_smithjules_smith Member Posts: 24 EDU
If you could somehow put measurement variables in variable studios, you could then use them to drive mate limits -meaning you could make an entire moving assembly, complete with limits that is all parametrically controlled in a part studio. You could also drive parameters in other part studios if you want to design parts in separate studios and make them all linked together without deriving them. The first use-case is probably a lot more useful I just often find myself annoyed that I edit a sketch a little bit in post and find myself having to change things in the assembly. I know there are ways to simplify this but it would be cool if there was a way to automate it. (if there is one let me know)

Comments