Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape, CAD, maker project and design.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:

  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Improvements to Onshape Mobile - December 7th, 2015

lougallolougallo Member, Administrator, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,450
edited December 2015 in Onshape Mobile
Get your download on!  Onshape mobile has pushed updates to iOS and Android (rel-1.39) into their respective stores with a few new goodies. 
Highlights include:

  1. NEW Import files - You can now import files from your mobile device and from other cloud services. (iOS)



  2. NEW Mass properties - Mass property information is now available. (Android)



  3. Share dialog refinements (Android)



  4. NEW Feedback attachment support - Now using ? -> Feedback will allow you to attach a screenshot from mobile. (iOS and Android 5 and up)


Our mobile teams continue to do amazing work to make mobile CAD awesome and appreciate all of your feedback.  We are always interested in hearing from you, especially when you have device issues with Onshape.  It is also important to note we monitor usage of various device operating systems and move support forward in order to keep current.  

The current build number (1.39) will be the last version to support Apple iOS 7.  If you have a device running this version, it will be supported for a few more release cycles before it will be deprecated.  Happy mobile cadding!  ~Lou
Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.

Comments

  • develardevelar Member Posts: 15
    Import part to existing document is planned? Currently, I use Chrome app for iOS to import part (Chrome crashes on any assembly except empty, so, you can create empty assembly in OnShape app, open Chrome and quickly select created empty assembly and then import part (STEP) to document).
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,180 PRO
    Am I just missing something or are we missing perspective view in ios/android apps?

    I've been looking for it every time I'm showing things from Ipad in meetings but always forgot to check later..
    //rami
  • don_howedon_howe Member Posts: 105 ✭✭
    I was exploring OS on my new Galaxy S2 9.7 tablet and was impressed with the overall performance of the app but quickly found myself looking for a Zoom to Fit. Is there an option for this? 
  • rbaekrbaek Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 77
    3dcad said:
    Am I just missing something or are we missing perspective view in ios/android apps?

    I've been looking for it every time I'm showing things from Ipad in meetings but always forgot to check later..
    We don't have perspective view on iOS or Android yet. We do have some requests for it. We can add you to the improvement request.

    don_howe said:
    I was exploring OS on my new Galaxy S2 9.7 tablet and was impressed with the overall performance of the app but quickly found myself looking for a Zoom to Fit. Is there an option for this? 
    Zoom to Fit can be found by using the context menu; the context menu can be brought up by doing a two finger tap (use two fingers to tap) anywhere in the graphics view.
  • 3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,180 PRO
    @rbaek please add me to that request, thanks
    //rami
  • don_howedon_howe Member Posts: 105 ✭✭
    rbaek said:
    Zoom to Fit can be found by using the context menu; the context menu can be brought up by doing a two finger tap (use two fingers to tap) anywhere in the graphics view.
    I tried this and found that it doesn't always work for me. Sometimes I could get the context menu to come up and other times I could two finger tap all day and it wouldn't. Do you need to be at certain distance from the part or diagonally in one corner or the other in the graphics view? 
  • rbaekrbaek Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 77
    don_howe said:
    rbaek said:
    Zoom to Fit can be found by using the context menu; the context menu can be brought up by doing a two finger tap (use two fingers to tap) anywhere in the graphics view.
    I tried this and found that it doesn't always work for me. Sometimes I could get the context menu to come up and other times I could two finger tap all day and it wouldn't. Do you need to be at certain distance from the part or diagonally in one corner or the other in the graphics view? 
    How far are you zoomed out? The Zoom to Fit view brings the model into view such that all entities fit into the screen of your device. If you have a non-hidden sketch far off from the model, it will take that into account and show what seems to be a zoomed out view.
  • don_howedon_howe Member Posts: 105 ✭✭
    rbaek said:
    How far are you zoomed out? The Zoom to Fit view brings the model into view such that all entities fit into the screen of your device. If you have a non-hidden sketch far off from the model, it will take that into account and show what seems to be a zoomed out view.
    I'm not doing any sketching at this point just manipulating the model in the image view. It would seem from your comment that I have to be zoomed out a certain distance in order for the context menu to work? The bottom line is that tapping with two fingers doesn't always bring up the context menu.  I have a few other issue with viewing drawings but I'm going to submit a feedback ticket.
  • rbaekrbaek Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 77
    don_howe said:
    rbaek said:
    How far are you zoomed out? The Zoom to Fit view brings the model into view such that all entities fit into the screen of your device. If you have a non-hidden sketch far off from the model, it will take that into account and show what seems to be a zoomed out view.
    I'm not doing any sketching at this point just manipulating the model in the image view. It would seem from your comment that I have to be zoomed out a certain distance in order for the context menu to work? The bottom line is that tapping with two fingers doesn't always bring up the context menu.  I have a few other issue with viewing drawings but I'm going to submit a feedback ticket.
    It seems to me that I'm assuming you're trying to do Zoom to fit in a regular part studio. Are you trying to do this in a drawing?
  • don_howedon_howe Member Posts: 105 ✭✭
    rbaek said:
    It seems to me that I'm assuming you're trying to do Zoom to fit in a regular part studio. Are you trying to do this in a drawing?
    I'm only in a part studio. 
  • maxwellmaxwell Member Posts: 1
    I'd also like to be added to the improvement request for perspective view on ios devices. The ability to use onshape on the ipad as a viewer to show projects to clients is a standout feature of the software but without perspective view its not much good. Any news on when this will be implemented? Thanks,
  • paul_mcgivenpaul_mcgiven Member Posts: 6
    How can I export a model from Onshape on an iPad into stl 
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 983
    @paul_mcgiven

    The Onshape iOS app does not currently have this capability, but it is on our radar! Please vote on this improvement request if you would like to help us prioritize this functionality and receive a notification when it is completed:

    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/3809/export-files-for-mobile-ios
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
Sign In or Register to comment.