Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Struggling to put motion to my design

ryan_gambryan_gamb Member Posts: 4
Hey everyone, this is my first time asking a question so please be patient. I am self taught here so I am still learning all of the terms. I went ahead and attached some pictures to try and make my questions more clear.

I am designing a door for a shop, in the main picture you can see my cylinder that will push straight up and begin moving the door, there is going to be a roller that guides the top of the door in the gray ramp things that are floating. How can I make it so I can have my cylinders attached and actually move the door and have everything move as it should? I am not understanding the movement mates very well. I realize some of the things are clipping, I was doing my best to get it to work. If you have any ideas or any questions let me know.

Thanks,
Ryan

Comments