Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Define the surface distance between two bending pockets

Axel_KollmenterAxel_Kollmenter Member Posts: 410 PRO
edited October 2023 in General
Is there a simple way to define the surface distance between two bending pockets if the angle is not 90°? In the following pictures, the distance between the two marked surfaces should be exactly 10.2 mm. At the moment, I am slowly adjusting the length of flange 1 until the surface distance is exactly right. This can go down to the fifth decimal place....
Of course I could build the sheet metal model differently from the beginning, but I already have some features planned in this part and no time to do it again. It would be ideal to be able to say afterwards what the distance between the two faces should be, so that the flange length calculates itself for angles above and below 90°.

How can this problem be solved? Do I have to try it out measurement by measurement to see if it fits?

Best regards,

Axel Kollmenter

Answers