Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

chamfering a corner

falk_vietmeierfalk_vietmeier Member Posts: 4
Dear community, 

im having a big problem with chamfering a corner of cube. I searched everything and hope i didnt miss something obvious. I even looked at the communty tool, for corner chamfering but that didnt do the trick, as it only lets you chamfer half of the corner and not completely diagonally through the cube. I attached an example of what i am trying to do.

FYI this was a painstaking effort. I created a 2nd cube, had to rotate that cube several times, aligned it manually and use the split too. then delete the help cube, just to get this far. I hope there is a faster way.
It would be of such big help, to use the chamfer tool and adjust all axis of the chamfer cut, and to not be bound to the selected edge. 

Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• Options
    robert_scott_jr_robert_scott_jr_ Member Posts: 322 ✭✭✭
    Hello. If the result you seek is the image you posted, chamfer is not the tool to use. Chamferring is depicted below (for example if you wanted to take off the sharp edges a bit). Assuming you just want to tilt the top surface an easy way would be to use the Move Face tool on the top surface and select the Rotate option in the tool's dialog box. - Scotty

Move Face:

• Options
    falk_vietmeierfalk_vietmeier Member Posts: 4
    Hello Scotty, with the help of a diagonal construction line, I got it to work. Thanks for you quick guidance!