Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Fragile model crazy lofts

iain_monteathiain_monteath Member Posts: 2
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/2527b639a4c82cd29dc5bb35/w/59a5fd4dbea14a5acdb1dedc/e/f33e686e16bc43e5ce7ab6c6?renderMode=0&uiState=653d3919086f25156c6ed1d2

Hi everyone, 

I have been using on shape on and off for a number of years but this deign is probably my most complex and ambitious, not that I thought it at the time I started!

A friend of mine crashed his RC plane and I offered to whip up a design and print a replacement nose section on my 3D printer. It was quite a challenging build but I got it to a place were I'm quite happy with it. 

HOWEVER! 

Now that I have the model looking almost perfect I had started to tweak the measurements of the rear and mid rib sections that are the basis for the lofted sections. Just to tweak the fit on the physical plane. Unfortunately if i make these sections too wide the lofts go crazy and I cannot find a way to guide the lofts back in to the right shape. Any thoughts would be really appreciated!