Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How can I create this shape in OnShape?

neil_ramsayneil_ramsay Member Posts: 3 EDU
I'm trying to create this shape in OnShape. It's a 2mm diam hexagon around an 18mm diam circle rotated several times (number of times is irrelevant). Obviously, coming from Solidworks, I'm having a bit of a difficult time figuring this out. Solidworks, it was simple. Sweep around a circle with a rotation set. Done.

Here... I can't rotate a sweep. I've seen a bunch of things using additional functions with spiral curves and the like, but I can't figure out how to get the spiral to look... well... like this. It always looks more like a phone cord than a twisted sweep, so I'm not grasping it.

Rotated straight line is cake. But I can't get THIS shape.

Hints? Ideas?

Answers