Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Material Libraries: I need non-American Material Designations (ISO and more materiels)

martin_kopplowmartin_kopplow Member Posts: 281 ✭✭✭
I'm just playing around with simulation to see If I could use this for real work (I know it is still beta). Of course, material libraries are required, but the one built is limited and it has strange american material names only, so this is of no use for me (Europe). Now, I know I can create my own, but why should every user in the world do all the typing again, when computers and the internet have long been invented?

My question: Is there an ISO-compatible material library already existing, which I could use or build mine upon, or is Onshape planning on creating a more comprehensive and suitable library for use outside the US? For example ISO Steel types would be great.