Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Autodesk Inventor Design possible in OnShape?

2»

Answers

• Options
    haresh_moradiaharesh_moradia Member Posts: 25 EDU
    Exactly what we are talking about!  You make it too easy.  I will have to teach this to the kids tomorrow and tomorrow we should have it mounted and a run.  What is your email address?  I will send you what it looks like as well as a video.
  • Options
    As I am reviewing your build here, I ran into a question regarding what you did exactly here.  Was this a linear pattern?  I could not figure this one out and I am kind of stuck with this.  I am still working on it, but wanted to let you know that the other items we have deciphered.

PS:  Why do you make it look so easy :smile:

We really do appreciate your guidance and we just bought the mounting screws so we will have a picture tomorrow at 5:00 PM EST.

• Options
    edited February 4
    One of the team members also asked for clarification on what the other lines and angles are doing in the picture below.  They understand the over-sized square to bulldoze through and clear out the opening.  They didnt understand the mirroring and what the pierce is doing.  Also they didnt recognize the book like looking symbol (i think its more of a small cube looking thing).

Update:  I showed them where the Use Project/Curve is in the top as well as the Intersection.  

Disregard this question, they are researching along with myself what these tools do.  We didnt understand or ever use these.

• Options
    The team now understands what was done with the Use Project Curve as well as Intersection.

They went further back to better understand the following and wanted to understand how this sketch was made using the offset tool and why 15 was used.  Additionally they want to know if the top line is horizontal in Plane 2 and why the lower branch is at an angle.  They are still working on it, but I could not come up with an answer yet.

• Options
    edited February 6
    So here is what the layout looks like.  All mounted and doing practice runs to find out where it lands and to then send it through another slope to launch it the opposite way.

What do you think?

• Options
    Did you get a chance to review our design?

• Options
    FYI, our team placed in 1st this last tournament
  • Options
    martin_kopplowmartin_kopplow Member Posts: 286 PRO
    edited February 12
    so many postings, and I'm sorry I missed them. I was off for a few days and they appear to have dropped below my lower screen edge, so I didn't notice.
    Congratualtions for your teams 1st prize! :)
    I'll try to answer a few of the open questions:
    • Yes, there was no linear pattern, but there were projections, maybe creating a pattern-lookalike in the sketch, but they are all connected to the curves already created in the previous steps.
    • The pierce (and the "book" ;) ) is just for getting the actual position of the funnel edge and axis from the model, so the 'bulldoze' and the run-in sketch can always be positioned accurately. I did that on the mirror side just to keep it out of the way when drawing the other entities.
    • The sketch of the funnel wall is horizontal at the top only to make sure there will be no intersection with the groove, while the is no such issue to be expected on the bottom.
    I wonder how far (and how high!) the marbles might hop after the loop!
  • Options
    They added a second device to catch and resend the ball the opposite direction.  they went 32 cm out of the loop and 31.5 cm out of the second gap