Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

force a object to revolve through another ann not cause conflicts

michael_adams236michael_adams236 Member Posts: 6
edited November 2023 in Drawings

got it, thanks for the help ---

Comments

• Options
    Matt_ShieldsMatt_Shields Member Posts: 245 PRO
    The error might be because a) you have Intersect selected, not Add and b) you haven't selected your Merge scope.
  • Options
    Do you mind explaining, I am new to onshape.  I just want to learn how to make this work.  if there's videos I havent found the right one yet.  I have looked.  
  • Options
    Also, I was playing with intersect to see what it would do... I really wanted a reverse instersect where it would show everything but the intersecting parts.
  • Options
    Matt_ShieldsMatt_Shields Member Posts: 245 PRO
    There are a lot of great learning resources at learn.onshape.com.

If you want to get the intersection of two parts, you probably want to use the Boolean feature.

For what you're doing, I'm assuming you just want to use Add, not Intersect.  And merge scope means "what part do you want this feature to merge with?"  Since you have that gray part over there, you need to explicitly tell Onshape you want your revolve to merge with the blue part.