Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
Sheet Metal - The missing step (for me!)
I am a new Onshape user having moved on from Alibre Atom. I was so pleased to see that you have sheet metal functions since I am in the middle of a sheet metal project. Having watched a couple of videos in adding flanges in which it looked so easy I thought I would have a go. So this is what I did, but the system would not let me select an edge:
1. Draw a rectangle for the door plate.
2. Thicken it up to 0.9mm, the size of the proposed metal.
3. Highlight the rectangle
4. Select Sheet Metal Model from the dropdown list
5. Select flange
6. Click on edge to be flanged
7. Edge does not highlight. Error message that sheet metal model 1 did not re-generate properly.
The part drawn as a 2D isometric should be shown in the picture below. The 'wings' at the lower sides of the door are hinge bar mounts. The vertical length of the triangle is 143mm which I see that I have not dimensioned. The door handle would be in the middle of the top on the curve.
Your advice would be most welcome.