Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Link sharing does not make assembly simulation availible

shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 814 PRO
This feels pretty undesirable.  Not sure if it is just me, but shouldn't we be able to spend a bunch of time creating a simulation and then link share it to a customer so they can also explore the tests interactively?  I guess my main problem with this lack of functionality is that the simulation tool does not have any other way of generating a report or something.  I will have to save screen printings and make a report entirely manually.  Maybe I am unaware of something?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,536 PRO
    I think simulation is available in publications so that might be a way around that limitation, it does seem like it should also be available in a link share though...
  • Options
    @eric_pesty
    That back door was covered also.  link sharing the pub also gives no simulation view through a link share.
  • Options
    eric_pestyeric_pesty Member Posts: 1,536 PRO
    @eric_pesty
    That back door was covered also.  link sharing the pub also gives no simulation view through a link share.
    My bad... Missed that part...
  • Options
    GregBGregB Member Posts: 4 PRO
    You need to be signed into Onshape as a Pro or Enterprise user to see the "Show results" for a simulation, whether it is a link shared doc or Publication, or indeed any doc for which you have view-only permissions. 
  • Options
    Just to update this thread, it seems this issue is not actually intentional and has been labeled as a bug to be fixed.  :)