Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Chamfer along a Spline

james_slatejames_slate Member Posts: 4
i'm having trouble getting a chamfer to run across a spline edge of an extrusion, it seems to work when i turn the distance down to 0.5 mm but i need it to be 1mm like the other side, i have no idea what the problem is here, i've tried moving the spline points around a bit because i briefly had some issues on the other side as well but nothing seems to fix the issue

Comments

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,412 PRO
    Your splines have very lumpy curvature which is making it difficult to run a chamfer along those edges. You can sketch those curves with way way fewer points, and probably much cleaner if you use Bézier curves instead of through-point splines.

• Options
    james_slatejames_slate Member Posts: 4
    yeah fair enough, i kinda figured that was the problem. i'll try to redraw them with a bezier or arcs or something