Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Impossible to draw in OnShape?

peter_cuthbertpeter_cuthbert Member Posts: 45
Good Evening Folks

As a very green user who is making some satisfactory progress thanks to help from this forum, I thought it would be fun to lob a problem out for discussion.  The object in the attached picture is the grate for the monotube steam boiler that I am proposing to build. It is designed to burn the re-cycled waste wood block sold in supermarkets everywhere. I really don't know how my friend who built the prototype made the object, but he has seen my 2D drawing and agreed that I had captured the essence of it.  However, I want to draw it in Onshape, but in my head that is an impossible task.

Would anybody like to take on the challenge and prove me wrong, hopefully also showing how you did it, thus expanding my knowledge of the software.

Regards

Pete

Comments