Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

My first attempt at FeatureScript, assistance would be helpful

eldon_browneldon_brown Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
I am relatively new to Onshape and (newer to) FeatureScript.

I could use some help with my implantation of some new functionality, my effort is a re-mix
of the "Pipe" command ( BTW: many Thanks goes to the original Author !!)

My current effort and implantation can be found via a public search for: "Polygon Pipe FS By:ERB"

Or:

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/0674326b738e87464861ebf4/w/47924d3827167a01698cfcd2/e/3b0b399cb136bda858d54637?renderMode=0

Note: This is the "active" link to my project and therefor could be in progress of new implementation.

I have (along with the original round "Pipe" Function) implemented a new "Polygon Pipe", which is handy
for creating Triangle Pipes, Square Pipes, and Polygon Pipes.

Combining several "Polygon Pipe" functions, makes for interesting and easy wire bundles, as show in
the example. I have used similar function with other CAD software and find this type of feature VERY useful.

See below, or the included Feature Script, for additional comments and desired additions.

<code comment>
/*
This is an adaption (remix) of the simple "Pipe" Feature Script (Thanks to the Author), 
    which has now been modified by: Eldon R. Brown - WA0UWH - 12/2023

This is Work-in-Progress.

This would be useful for a lot of my CAD Designs, as easy way to add a "washer" for a bolt, 
    edge-trim for a shelf, an O-ring Grove, wire bundles, etc. It would be like the reverse of Filet and Chamfer.

My Goals: 
    Provide more concise/better options with better: defaults,  range and error checking for my FS.
    Provide option to pick first point, (i.e., pick a side and not a point)
    Provide End Caps for Angled connections, I will have to learn a LOT more to make that happen :-)
    Provide for more Object Styles, for example:
            objectStyle = Round, Polygon, Square, Rectangle, Slot, Star.
    Provide an Option to Offset to from Path in some fully meaning way.
    Provide an Option to: "new", "add" or "intersect" an existing part.
    Provide an Option to Specify the Start and End Percentage of Path.

Maybe there should be an option to provide different shapes for the center hole?

Current Known Bugs (and maybe more):
    Rotation when adding segments to one end or the other ????
*/
</code comment>

Any Feature Script programming help and script additions would be WELCOME.

Thanks,
-Eldonb