Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to think this shape

Hello all, i've been trying different approaches on how to solve this.
My limited experience on cad modeling did'nt allowed me to solve this in an efficient way.
I need to extrude "1" along "2" up to edge "3". The objective is to blend "1"  to finish in a straight face. The purpose of this question is to get an understanding of how you got to the solution, rather than the solution itself.
Closest I came is thickening the gray shape to the desired amount and then intersecting it with "1" but the result is unprolix.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,735 PRO
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓

Hi @rodrigo_martinelli,

Loft will be a good tool for this. Alternatively you could use Fill. But Loft with guides will probably be the best approach. 

If you get stuck, please share a link to your model and we can help you out.
    Also, the Learning Pathways are some of the best ways to learn Onshape.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    rodrigo_martinellirodrigo_martinelli Member Posts: 7
    Finally figured it out.. one of the edges wasn't coincident, hence the loft was failing.. i'm stoked with the result.. thanks Michael for taking the time to reply.

For reference.. Loft 4 is the flat orange edge, Sketch 12 is the lower edge, 11 and 15 are the twin vertical curves..