Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to become an Onshape Instructor?

I've been considering teaching Onshape for a while, and I'm curious to know what opportunities are available. I'm confident in my abilities, having already taught some of my colleagues, especially new hires, and I'm eager to share my knowledge with a wider audience.

I'd appreciate any guidance on potential avenues for teaching Onshape or joining the instructor community. I'm also open to taking any assessments necessary to demonstrate my skills and ensure I'm a good fit.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Ste_WilsonSte_Wilson Member Posts: 207 EDU
    It tends to be quite quiet in the instructor boards here. I just share stuff which I think might be usefull. You could contact some local 16-18 colleges. Good engineering teachers are hard to find!
  • Options
    Matt_ShieldsMatt_Shields Member Posts: 214 PRO
    edited December 2023
    Hi there!

I'm so glad you're enjoying Onshape and that you've been spreading the good news to your colleagues.  With last week's release of the Onshape Educator plan, we hope this forum will become more active and you might find some opportunities here.  In the meantime, here are just a couple of suggestions, based on my experience.

As commented above, definitely reach out to local community colleges.  Onshape being free and not requiring any IT overhead is a huge plus for any school, especially those on a tight budget.  A community college in your area might need someone to teach an introductory CAD class or to get current instructors up to speed.

Also, I have found that just about every high school is trying to up their STEM offerings and many still haven't heard about Onshape.  So, there might be opportunities to run a professional development workshop at a local high school, or even teach a class.  If you haven't already, I would consider earning your Onshape Associte certification.  A lot of K12 CTE programs value industry certifications.

And of course, always consider joining (or starting) your community's robotics team, such as FRC, FTC, or VEX.  These are amazing opportunities for students and community mentors and Onshape has many resources available for those teams.

Good luck!
    Matt
  • Options
    JamesonBinanitanJamesonBinanitan Member Posts: 9 PRO
    Hi @Matt_Shields and @Ste_Wilson,

Thank you for the suggestions.

Apology for the late response.

I will reach out to local community colleges and high schools to see if there are opportunities to get involved. Yes, I already have an Associate and Professional Certificate.

I appreciate your help.

Have a great new year ahead everyone!