Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

problem with loft

jure_zaninovichjure_zaninovich Member Posts: 3
I am trying to implement a simple loft , using two sketches with bezier line contours in parallel planes.
It happens that when I see the loft edit parameters, one is selected as Faces of .. and the other as Vertices of ...
What am I doing wrong ?

Comments

• Options
    GWS50GWS50 Member Posts: 386 PRO
    I'm not sure but it looks like you may have several sketches visible which may be preventing you from selecting the correct items to loft.
    You can open up the selections and 'add' extra selections to the group. see screengrab

If you could share your document we could take a closer look
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    also note that "Guides and continuity" is void , nothing is selected, nothing makes a difference.
    thanks @GWS50 . will take a look using your input.
    for now what I have found is that splines produce faces ( OK for Loft )
    while bezier curves produce vertices , which cause the problem shown.
    is there a way to produce faces while using bezier curves ?

are the statements above correct ?
    BTW , I am working on a simplified design so that I can share it with all of the community.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    thanks @GWS50