Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Adding relation ranges in assembly and collisions and physics

BlåhajBlåhaj Member Posts: 4 EDU
I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to add ranges for relations in onshape assemblies. For example, trying to make it so if I rotate something 90 degrees it will rotate something else 90 degrees, and when I continue rotating it does not affect any other parts until I get back to 0. (trying to make it so only the first 90 degrees of the rotation has a relation with another revolute mate). I'm also working on some things that I would like to have collisions and/or physics/part interaction. especially gravity or being able to make something elastic. My guess is this isn't possible, but if anyone knows of any feature scripts or applications that allow this please let me know. If not, then maybe this could be a suggestion on things to add to the software unless it's unrealistic. (I don't know much about coding CAD and CAM software).