Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Single point with multiple lines not possible to extrude

robin_jansenrobin_jansen Member Posts: 4
Hi, I have a sketch with a lot of squares. Some lines are connected to the same point. Because of this, I can not extrude the sketch, even though it does show up as a solid area when I select it. The squares are from a QR code, so there are many more. Is it possible to extrude this?
Thanks.

Answers

• Options
    glen_dewsburyglen_dewsbury Member Posts: 603 ✭✭✭
    You have a nonmanifold condition at at some points with the Parasolid tool can't make. There needs to be a gap or overlap. Or you can make more than one extrude to select squares that work.

• Options
    robin_jansenrobin_jansen Member Posts: 4
    I ended up making a lot of subsquares and extruded them separately. This resulted in a lot of parts which could not be merged as a boolean for the same reason. Luckily I could export them simultaneously by selecting them all. The 3D printing software imported them as one object.

For anyone else that is trying to make a QR code, this is how I would do it next time (haven't tried it yet!);
    - Create a QR code with a service like qrcode-monkey.com
    - Export it as SVG or PNG
    - Open it in Photoshop
    - Select the dark part of the QR code
    - Via menu 'Selection' -> 'Contract' with 2 or more pixels
    - Save as PNG or else
    - Convert PNG to SVG
    - Convert SVG to DXF
    - Import to onshape