Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

delete section of part without fully deleting

oisin_johnoisin_john Member Posts: 33
Wondering I could delete a section of a part and have a continuous flow with it breaking in the middle, https://cad.onshape.com/documents/859aa2c7504f59d3ca18ddc1/w/7f3bdbd9387ee55586a8895d/e/63a89e70386a231fa6249d39

the part Im working, have gap in the middle and I don't want that 

Comments

• Options
    dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 543 ✭✭✭
    Right click on the feature you don't want select suppress
  • Options
    dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 543 ✭✭✭
    edited January 6
    @oisin_john Sometime's it is good to start all over again, you know how to do the things you like in the design, you know where you had to repair things, that learning.
    I still think it is a good idea to start learning the basics in Onshape first, do an Extrude, do a Loft, etc, take a look at the learning center, lots of things are free.
    In your first Part Studio with the seat, you need 68 features to get what you want, I think you do the same with less than half the features