Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Wrapping a solid surface onto a cylinder

sidharth_bhatiasidharth_bhatia Member Posts: 4
Hello!

I've been trying to have a patterned surface wrapped onto a cylinder but I am at my wit's end. I'm unable to 'wrap' my head around why this isn't working. I'm learning how to use wrap and have placed an image inside the document that I am aiming to model. Any help would be highly appreciated.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/c355db8f0209078f9b27765d/w/23c29744990676872f026c7b/e/ed592b02fbe77c6126bc360f?renderMode=0&uiState=659ba3e44f03486523f42772

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    SethFSethF Member Posts: 129 PRO
    I think what you're looking for is the Circular Pattern, not the wrap. Here's a quick example.

I would recommend looking through the learning center which you can get to from any document via this icon  A lot of really helpful stuff there!
  • Options
    sidharth_bhatiasidharth_bhatia Member Posts: 4
    This is exactly what I needed! Thank you!